Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Action 8: No bitching day.

We can all look forward to a brief blog today, since bitching is what I do best. I complain--early and often. This should be the day when I close my mouth and monitor my impulses to speak. I should pay attention to my words and refrain, refrain, refrain from all the bitching I normally do.

It's cold out. (No comment.) Traffic is horrible. (No comment.) I have more errands today than time to complete them. (Silence.) This could be a very quiet day. Reflective. Observant. Thoughtful. And if I manage to clear my conversation of all my negative mumblings, I can see how truly fortunate I am. All the first world problems that I bemoan are nothing when compared to the real issues that beset everyone else.

Thank you for my 'problems', Lord, and give me grace to help solve those of your less-fortunate children..