Monday, November 23, 2009

Reining in...

Okay. I get carried away. Re-reading my last entry, I'm a bit embarrassed. While it was true, and how I felt at the time, I think I tend toward the dramatic. I'm okay. Crisis avoided. Active imagination (Omigod! What IF....?) reigned in.

Now we're down to the everyday stuff--returning to normal at the beginning of the least normal time of the year. If all continues well, and I have no reason to believe it won't, I will be back to all the usual daily annoyances and activities by mid-week. Which is wonderful, really. No more twice-daily injections and every-other-day blood-letting. Those alone would be pretty cheer-inducing. But right now, I'm working on regaining my equilibrium, one task at a time. Laundry. Clutter removal. A meal. A walk. Two trips up the stairs instead of one a day. Slow and steady, like the old tortoise.

I'm making lists, of course...but that is just me. Most of my lists never get completed: they are there just so I know what needs to be done and don't forget. Due to this brief sidelining, they are a little longer than usual, but I'll manage.

No comments: