Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rain

Today is the second day in a row of constant rain. Perhaps it is that it coincided with turning our clocks back not too long ago, but the combination of early darkness and gray skies has served to depress what seems to be the lion's share of people I come in contact with. Unfortunately, it also seems to be a harbinger of the long winter months when the sun never seems to be as warm or bright, and the cold temperatures discourage any unnecessary outdoor activity. Bah, humbug! San Diego is looking pretty good right now.

On the poetry front, the City is working at finding a replacement for me when my term ends in March. I am still getting requests, though. Next week, I will be reading at Adoption Day at the courthouse, and I always seem to pick up a few requests along the way every time I do something like that. And, of course, Poetry Month looms in April, as well as Poem In Your Pocket Day, which is scheduled for April 29 this year. One hopes that I will have a little more lead time to prepare for that and/or help my successor to get it off the ground this year again.

But for now, even this blog is stale and lackluster. I think I used this picture before, and certainly, the sentiments are pretty tired. It is time, I think, to either pray for sun, or start laughing at the gloom. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: