Tuesday, December 9, 2008

White Rabbit

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say "hello", "goodbye"--I'm late! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"
The White Rabbit, in one or another incarnation of Alice in Wonderland

The date I am late for is Christmas--and it's barely two weeks away. At no time in my life have I ever been this far behind, and I really have no excuse: no job, no little children, no obligations, no big party to throw..the days just slipped by, and here I am, with nary a present bought, no tree (that comes Friday), cards not written (or even more than a draft Christmas letter), no stamps purchased, or cookies baked.....what happened??? Did I just miss all the cues?

So. For the next two weeks, any non-booked time is hereby dedicated to Christmas shopping, to re-tracing my steps to pick up all those possible gifts I've seen, but didn't buy; to seeking out some clever ideas for those difficult people on my list, to (probably) resorting to giftcards where necessary...

Heigh-ho.

No comments: