Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post-Vacation

I was all set to write about Chautauqua as soon as I got home, but ended up caught in the maelstrom of returning to life-after-vacation, and just didn't quite make it. In the four days since we've returned, we have enjoyed/endured/participated in/dealt with the following: a church service, a marathon brunch (delicious!), a search for a new car to replace the Jeep we drove to Providence a couple weekends ago, a few peeks at the Olympics, paper signing for a refinance of our mortgage, a dinner with a friend who is leaving the area, a visit to my mom, conversations with the pharmacy, the doctor, the insurance agent, a couple phone calls with family about my mom and her status, checking in with our cat-sitter, as well as a check with our contractor/friend who installed a light fixture in our absence, grocery-shopping....and of course the sine qua non for all vacations--a mountain of laundry. Add in the process of finding all the things we knew we had to take care of as soon as we got home--think bills and repairs and phone calls and decisions--and it's no wonder we haven't accomplished much along the lines of reflection since we returned.

I am putting together a photo book of the week--right now--so I don't forget the experience, And I promise to write about it. Soon.


No comments: