Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring at last!

Spring at last! Spring at last! Great God Almighty, it's spring, at last! As I write this, I can look out my patio door and see daffodils blooming, lilacs budding, and my neighbor's Bradford pear showering the patio with white petals blown free by the wind last night. It is assuredly spring, though the temperatures aren't QUITE in tune with the scenery yet. I can deal with that.

It's been a long, cold, crazy winter and I'm looking forward to planting my assorted urns and pots and tiny flower bed with things colorful and interesting. (though, pessimist that I am, I will be waiting to do so till after the last frost date here...) I want to go back to the farmers' market and repopulate my herb garden with chives and thyme and basil and mint. I am anxious to rearrange furniture and toss out clutter and clear the decks for a less-encumbered summer existence. It's time for a clean slate, a new beginning, a new and improved me.

I might even diet and exercise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the exercise. I looked at the back porch this afternoon. No sage yet but there are chives all over the place Hardy little devils.

For me too the decluttering of the deck will wait until the wind is not blowing at 25 mph and the sun is not playing peek a boo with clouds and/or rain. I do want to get myhands in it though.