Friday, August 14, 2009

Learn to love the process...maybe.



And here it is: August! Somehow the summer has drifted away, along with all my good intentions. The poetry book is still unfinished, the third floor is still the same old mess, as is the storage facility, and my closets and dressers and cabinets. I think my problem is that I like the CONCEPT of organization, but not the process. If only organization depended only on having all the required tools!

And so, despite my instinctive aversion to (and general disregard for) To Do lists (I DO make them, but usually when I'm on the verge of melt-down and need to really see where I stand vis-a-vis deadlines) the time has come to draw a line in the sand (or dust, if we're talking about my house) and decide what really has to be accomplished.

Automate the watering system in the garden.
Plant the planters that flank the door.
Figure out a storage solution for the patio.
Finish the damned poetry book and send it off for publication.
Get rid of the tons of clothes, books, paper, junk that inhabits all the nooks and crannies of this house.
Streamline the kitchen.
Find chairs for the TV room.
Clear storage area of all the stuff we will never use. Or the girls will never claim.
Get rid of the upstairs PC and get the network printer attached to the network.
Take the classes on the Mac that I've been meaning to take since December.

There. That should keep me busy for the next millenium. :)

No comments: